Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu


The abandoned Headquarters Mill was built as a rough timber mill in 1912-1913. Despite being fully equipped, however, the mill was never used for reasons that remain unclear. Some say the mill was only built so that the company could gain certain concessions from the provincial government. The recession of 1913 may have led the company to abandon it. Parts from the mill were later used to build a new mill in Courtenay.

Our Video (YouTube):

Location: Comox-Strathcona C, BC V9J 1N5