Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu


Visiting the abandoned remains of the Haynes Historic Ranch. Beginning in about 1865 John Carmichael Haynes began to acquire large amounts of ranch land in the Osoyoos and Oliver area. It was one of the first cattle ranches in the Okanagan Valley and he eventually amassed about 22,000 acres. Haynes also was judge as well as customs officer for the Osoyoos/US border crossing. These buildings, on the east side of the Okanagan River date from the pioneer cattle ranching era. The house dates from 1860, built for Judge John Carmichael Haynes, who died in 1888. A later addition in 1875, and again in the last years of use, it was last inhabited in 1963.

Our Video (YouTube):

Location: Okanagan-Similkameen A, BC V0H 1V7